Saturday, May 12, 2012

Introduction.

Introduction.



Hello!

With this blog I'd like to tell you about the lives of my Sims in their medieval setting. The idea was derived from the Kingdom challenge found at modthesims.info.
But being the perfectionist that I am, I had to make it perfect. So I went on a quest to find everything I needed to make exactly what I wanted. And I had to be picky too, I'm on a seriously low end pc so I can't use a whole lot of CC's in package format. 

The first thing on my mind was, that I absolutely did not want cars or bikes in my medieval world. To that end, I searched for a road-less world and found exactly what I was looking for, a gorgeous little island.
A modern looking work building or school is also not-done. So to that end I downloaded the custom rabbit hole rugs here.
Of course I want things to be as realistic as possible, so some careers will not be available in my medieval setting. And I'd prefer not to use modern looking objects and clothing, so I downloaded a range of CAS parts and objects that originally came from The Sims Medieval, and were adapted for The Sims 3 here. And with a little creativity and some imagination (because Sims need a sink, a fridge and a stove), I think I'm doing well so far.

I really only just got started, but the idea has formed in my mind. 
The political and military careers will be available from a rabbithole rug in a separate building on the same lot as the Royal castle. 
The Cathedral will be home to the mausoleum and the school, the Wizards tower will hold the hospital.
One of the farms will be home to the grocery store (farmers market) and one of my merchant sims will have the bookstore rabbithole at his house.
I'm contemplating a custom consignmentstore, for my artists to sell their paintings and make a living.

From time to time I intend to update this blog, introduce you to my Sims and let you know how they're doing. I also intend to show a lot of screenshots! 


Next post: Introducing the King and Queen, more screenshots of the castle and more about my Simming style.

Happy simming!


Lady ElDi

2 comments:

  1. I think this is really a good idea! I got so tired of making mansions for my sims and after seing this blog i've decided to make something like it (well, not completely but still... I'm addicted to huge worlds). My computer is barely better than yours as it is so i get a lot of loading time too. I'm also playing in modern worlds but i couldn't get the anygamestarter to work which is a shame. Therefore I'm currently building my castle in a modern world with roads and everything...
    These links are really helpful, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!
      I'm glad my blog inspired you :)

      Delete